SWEET 'N' SMOKY FRENCH TOAST SANDWICH
Yield: 24 portions
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1-1/2 cups|
|Cream cheese, whipped||1 quart|
|Unsalted butter, melted||1 cup|
|Krusteaz® Thick Cut 5/8" French Toast||86151 10370||48 ea|
|Pecan halves, candied||1 quart|
|Bacon, thick sliced, cooked crispy||72 slices|
- For the Brown Sugar Cream Cheese: Place borwn sugar and cream cheese into a small mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, mix together until light and fluffy.
- To Make One Portion: Brush the bottom of French toast squares with butter.
- Spread 1/4 cup of cream cheese mixture onto the top of one piece of French toast.
- Top with 1/4 cup candied pecans and three strips of crispy bacon.
- Add the second piece of French toast on top.
- Place sandwich on heated griddle for 3 minutes, flip and cook another 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.