CHICAGO DEEP DISH EGG STRATA
Yield: 24 portions
|Mild Italian sausage, crumbled||3 lb|
|Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
|Angela MiaŽ Whole Peeled Pear Tomatoes with Fresh Basil, undrained, divided||27000 38101||3-1/2 quarts|
|Yellow onion, peeled, cored, diced||6 cups|
|Garlic cloves, peeled, chopped||6 tbsp|
|Sourdough bread, 1/2-inch dice||2-1/3 lb|
|PAMŽ High Yield Canola Cooking Spray, as needed||64144 07263|
|Heavy cream||1 quart|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||8 cups|
|Angela MiaŽ Marinara Sauce||27000 39125||10 cups|
|Butter, unsalted, diced||2 cups|
|Garlic cloves, peeled, chopped||1/2 cup|
|Red chili flakes||4 tsp|
- To make EGG STRATA: Cook sausage in oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Add 2 quarts Angela MiaŽ Whole Peeled Pear Tomatoes, onion and garlic; cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through; cool slightly.
- Add bread; mix thoroughly.
- Transfer half of the mixture into two (2-inch) full hotel pans coated with cooking spray.
- In a 2-gallon bowl, whisk together eggs and cream.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over the sausage and bread mixture in each hotel pan. Top each with 3 cups of Angela MiaŽ Whole Peeled Pear Tomatoes.
- Wrap tightly with aluminum foil; store in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 45 minutes, or until strata reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove foil, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow strata to cool for 1 hour; cut each strata into twelve (4-1/2-inch x 3-1/2-inch) slices.
- To make ARRABIATTA SAUCE: In a saucepot, cook Angela MiaŽ Marinara Sauce, butter, garlic and red chili flakes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- To make ONE PORTION: Top one slice of strata with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese and heat in oven at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Top with ˝ cup Arrabiatta Sauce.
- CHEF'S NOTE: Use Angela MiaŽ No Salt Added Marinara Sauce to reduce the sodium contributed by the marinara sauce.