BTC MAC AND CHEESE
Yield: 24 portions
|Tomato Chile Corn Bread|
|RO*TEL QUESO (recipe at conagrafoodservice.com)||3 cups|
|Heavy cream||2-1/4 cups|
|Yellow cornmeal||3 cups|
|Baking powder||3/4 tsp|
|Mac and Cheese|
|RO*TEL QUESO (recipe at conagrafoodservice.com)||3 quarts|
|Ro*TelŪ Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained||64144 60245||3 quarts|
|Cavatappi pasta, cooked||3 quarts|
|Bacon, cooked, crumbled||4-1/2 cups|
|Cooked chicken, chopped||9 cups|
|Flat leaf parsley for garnish|
- To make TOMATO CHILE CORN BREAD: Combine RO*TEL QUESO, cream and eggs in a stand mixer; beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add cornmeal, flour and baking powder; beat on medium speed until completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased 2-inch deep hotel pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into 2-1/2 x 2-inch pieces.
- To make MAC AND CHEESE: combine RO*TEL QUESO, Ro*TelŪ Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, pasta, bacon and chicken in a stockpot.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- To make ONE PORTION: Place 1 cup Mac and Cheese in a greased 10-ounce oven-safe dish.
- Top with 1/4 cup Tomato Chile Corn Bread crumbles.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes or until topping is crispy.
- CHEF'S NOTE: One 2-1/2 x 2-inch piece of Tomato Chile Corn Bread makes 1/2 cup crumbles or topping for two servings Mac and Cheese. Serve remaining 20 pieces of corn bread as a side for soup.