IRISH PUB NACHOS
Yield: 24 portions
|Whiskey Cheese Sauce|
|RO*TEL QUESO (recipe at conagrafoodservice.com)||6 cups|
|Ro*TelŪ Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained||64144 60245||3 cups|
|Idaho russet potatoes, medium, peeled, thinly sliced||4-1/2 lb|
|Smoked sausage, grilled, bias cut||4 lb|
|Bacon, cooked, crumbled||1 lb|
|Green onions, chopped||1-1/2 cups|
- To make WHISKEY CHEESE SAUCE: Whisk cornstarch and whiskey in a large saucepan until smooth; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until alcohol has evaporated and mixture is reduced by one quarter.
- Add RO*TEL QUESO and Ro*TelŪ Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Hold warm for service.
- To make TWO PORTIONS: Fry 2 cups potato slices in a deep fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes or until golden brown; toss with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange chips on a serving plate; top with 3/4 cup Whiskey Cheese Sauce, 1/2 cup grilled sausage, 2 tablespoons bacon crumbles and 2 tablespoons onions.
- CHEF'S NOTE: Use Irish whiskey for the best flavor.