DOUBLE CHILI-INFUSED CHOCOLATE GANACHE CUPCAKES
Yield: 20 portions
|Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, puréed||64144 60245||2 cups|
|Eggs, large||3 ea|
|Devil's food cake mix||1 (18.25 oz) box|
|Heavy cream||1/2 cup|
|Dark chocolate, chopped||5 oz|
|Chili powder||1/8 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil cupcake pans.
- Whisk Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies purée with eggs until combined. Add cake mix and continue to whisk for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared cupcake pans until 2/3 full. Bake cupcakes for 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- For Ganache
- In a saucepan, heat cream to a simmer. Place the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl; add the hot cream and chili powder. Stir with a spoon until the chocolate is smooth; cool slightly.
- Drizzle the cupcakes with the ganache; garnish as desired.