PESCADA A LA VERACRUZANA
Yield: 24 portions
|Tilapia fillets, 5-6 oz. each||24|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Fresh lime juice||1/2 cup|
|Olive oil||1/2 cup|
|Onion, minced||2-1/2 cups|
|Garlic, minced||3 tbsp|
|Green olives, minced||3 tbsp|
|Angela MiaŽ Diced Tomatoes in Juice, undrained||27000 37854||6 cups|
|RosaritaŽ Nacho Sliced Jalapenos||27000 52785||1/2 cup|
|Chicken stock||3 quarts|
|Parsley, chopped||1/2 cup|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper and marinate in lime juice for 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in large skillet and sauté onion and garlic until beginning to brown. Add remaining ingredients, except fish and parsley and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer tomato mixture to large baking pan. Place fish fillets over tomatoes, spooning a bit onto each fillet and bake 20 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and fried plantains, if desired.