CARAMELIZED FRENCH TOAST
Yield: 24 portions
|PAMŪ High Yield Canola Spray, as needed||64144 07263|
|Nonfat milk||1-1/2 quarts|
|Egg BeatersŪ 100% Egg Whites||70272 00219||1-1/2 quarts|
|Cinnamon, ground||2 tbsp|
|Nutmeg, ground||1-1/2 tsp|
|Coarse raw sugar||4-1/2 cups|
|Bread, Texas Toast||48 slices|
|Assorted Berries, optional|
- Lightly spray flat-top griddle with PAMŪ High Yield Canola Cooking Spray. Preheat griddle to 400°F.
- Combine milk, Egg BeatersŪ 100% Egg Whites, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until blended and set aside.
- Place sugar in a shallow pan in an even layer; set aside.
- Dip bread in Egg BeatersŪ mixture and place on hot griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Lightly press both sides of cooked French toast in sugar; place back on griddle 1 minute on each side or until sugar has caramelized.
- Serve with assorted berries, if desired.