zz SPINACH FRITTATA PANINI SANDWICH 0516
Yield: 24 portions
|Baby green spinach, stemmed and washed||8 cups|
|Egg Beaters® Liquid Eggs, thawed||29000 03169||6 cups|
|Romano cheese, grated||1-1/2 cups|
|Garlic, minced||1/4 cup|
|Unsalted butter||12 tbsp|
|Olive oil||12 tbsp|
|Pita bread, 7-inch||24 ea|
|Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature, to spread on bread||8 tbsp|
- Preheat salamander.
- Place the spinach in sauté pan over medium heat. Cover pan and cook two minutes.
- Remove cover; stir spinach with wooden spoon. Lower heat and continue to cook until spinach is barely wilted. Cool.
- Combine Egg Beaters® Liquid Eggs, Romano cheese, garlic and cooled spinach in a bowl and mix well.
- For each frittata, place 1/2 tablespoon each butter and oil in 8-inch sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add 6 oz. Egg Beaters® mixture to pan and heat until Egg Beaters® mixture begins to pull away from sides of pan and large curds form.
- When bottom of frittata begins to firm up, place the pan under the salamander.
- When frittata is just firm all the way through, remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Slice pita bread in half and butter sides with 1 teaspoon softened butter.
- Fold the frittata in half and place on half of pita, cover with other half of pita.